Estate administration can be a daunting process which can take its toll both emotionally and financially. When called upon to assist clients, we help by performing the following estate administration services:
- Filing paperwork as necessary to open the estate and appoint a personal representative
- Valuation of estate assets
- Locating and acquiring estate assets
- Identifying and locating heirs
- Transfers and/or sale of estate property and assets
- Short-term operation and sale or transfer of small-businesses
- Compliance with Register of Wills/Orphans’ Court Deadlines
- Filing paperwork as necessary to close the estate
We assist clients with the administration of estates in the following Maryland Counties: Anne Arundel, Baltimore City, Baltimore, Caroline, Carroll, Dorchester, Harford, Howard, Kent, Prince Georges, Queen Anne’s, Talbot, Wicomico, and Worchester.
Shortly after the funeral, an attorney should be contacted by the personal representative or heirs of the deceased to discuss the decedent's financial matters and estate. If the decedent left a last will, the person named as executor should locate the original, unless it has already been filed with the appropriate Register of Wills. If no will was prepared, your attorney can review the qualifications and procedures necessary to be appointed as the personal representative.
Call Staiti & DiBlasio, LLP for assistance - (410) 787-1123